Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why hello oven. Meet chicken.

I now know what to do with a chicken to treat it right and make it tasty. That sounded kinda dirty. Twenty-two minutes for a small chicken breast in an oven of 350* and bam, yummy chicken goodness with a side of vegetables.

How pretty does that plate look? Any ways to improve and add to a dinner like that, and I'm all ears! Remember, I'm aiming to stay as humanly healthy as possible. My Mrs. Dash bottle is even saltless! (gasp)

Not sure what my next move with chicken should be...BBQ? Buffalo? Is the prep the same, just a different sauce? I'm all ears people- what should I do with chicken next?

2 comments:

  1. Buffalo chicken is weird, and ever so fattening for the best stuff. You mix the buffalo hot sauce, and it needs to be BUFFALO sauce, not any other kind of hot sauce, and you mix it with butter. I'm not kidding. So, you fry the chicken, then once its cooked you drench it in sauce.

    I used to marinate chicken in the buffalo sauce, with no butter, for like 24 hours and then grill it and make my own version of Chili's boneless buffalo pasta or salad. Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird meaning weird to cook. And after you make your butter/sauce concoction, which is roughly 2 tablespoons of butter per bottle (12 oz) of sauce. Keep it simmering in a pot and drop the cooked chicken pieces in, gently stir around and then let them sit on a cooling rack.

    Its so good.

    ReplyDelete