Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pie Fail!


Maybe I ventured into the world of bake goods too soon or maybe I just don't understand the power of butter yet. But in either case, this crumb pie was unserveable. Of course, I made my roommate try some and I had a slice. But I couldn't do too much with it after that. I followed the instructions exactly but I got a little lost on how to mix in the butter and get to that gooey yet smooth consistency to create the crust and top of the pie.


This area (from recipe above) is where I got lost: pastry cutter to cut in the butter until it resembles a course crumbly mixture.

All I did was really chop up, kinda cold butter and mix it in. But it was just chunk in different parts and didn't fully mix. Maybe microwaving would've helped.
Any suggestions on how to fix this for another go around would be great!

Does anyone know any simple recipes that use the same ingredients as this pie so I can try going in another direction?

1 comment:

  1. When baking, keep butter room temperature. It blends smoothly. Also if you make chocolate chip cookies, ALWAYS use room temp butter, never melt it in the microwave. Trust me, the cookies also turn out better. Its one of my many "making the best cookies ever secrets"

    ReplyDelete