Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Goal

With fresh 2011 inspiration from my mother I decided to commit to taking a steady stab at cooking. Learning how to cook has been on my to-do list since I went to boarding school over ten years ago. It's also been on each new year resolution list and bucket list I've ever had. So now it's time to start the work and actually cross it off.

I'm not someone who cooks. I'm someone who says they cook when they can. But really, I heat up leftovers. I love seamlessweb and takeout. It's more of an obsession actually. But I think it's time for that love to be put on the back burner, while I give myself a real shot at cooking as much as possible. I'll be starting with the small and simple of course. But I soon hope to actually be putting real, nice plates together. I'm not making this into some kind of Julie/Julia wanna be sight, but more of a trial and error, 'hey look what I can do' kind of thing.

I hope you enjoy my self-induced task as much as I hope everything tastes good!


1 comment:

  1. Cooking is really fun, baking too!! I think your doing well for not being much of a cook, as you said. It gets easier, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete