Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chicken with rice pilaf


I cooked the rest of the skinless, boneless chicken breast tonight.
I really need to plan more ahead because I only defrosted/marinated for about 30 minutes before putting the chicken in the pan. And obviously it wasn't fully defrosted at that point. Need more patience clearly. There's got to be a way to not burn the heck outta the chicken too. I think the pan is on too high to start with. If I keep it low to medium, longer I shouldn't have a problem. Hopefully.

I picked up a bag of 90 second microwavable rice pilaf as a side. See I told you I need to work on the whole patience thing. Making real rice for 30 minutes wouldn't hurt me. Should really plan my meals more instead of trying to throw them together. They just end up burnt. Once I get the chicken thing down, I want to venture over to fish. Maybe next time I'll bake the chicken rather then trying to control the stove top. I think my goal will not be to perfect each way to make different meals, but to get 1 good way down that I feel comfortable with. So far, chicken on stove top just isn't working for me.

Notes for next time:

1. keep heat low!
2. find green sides, stay away from the starches!
3. bake chicken, stay away from stove top!


2 comments:

  1. Two words: Slow Cooker. Put some chicken in there in the morning, turn it to low go to work and come home to the moistest, delicious tasting chicken, and your home will smell like your a cooking pro.

    And yes, I am moseying around on your food blog and commenting away. I love to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- Thanks for the comments and tips!! :)

    ReplyDelete