Sunday, January 16, 2011

Scrambled veggies

Don't be in shock but I actually was inspired to try this recipe from (gasp) a cook book that my mother politely reminded me was getting dusty on the shelf. Simple enough and healthy.

I chopped up the rest of my tomatoes, string beans and summer squash and mixed them around with some vegetable oil in a pan. Which I've now confirmed is sautéing. Mystery over! After about five minutes, I added in three eggs that I had already beat together with milk. I let everything sit together for about 90 seconds before scrambling away. Added pepper and no salt, since we know it's evil.

I made some instant raisin oatmeal for the side and walla! A quick and easy brunch for an after the gym work out.

For next time:

1. one packet of oatmeal is plenty for a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment