Wednesday, January 26, 2011

If that's not brunch, I don't know what is?

I must admit that I am kicking ass in the egg and vegetable area. I'm thinking of moving away from sauteing and try freezing fresh veggies, marinading and then baking as my one big cooking fan suggested.What's that called though-- casserole? I need a cooking dictionary or else I'm just going to keep on embarrassing myself. Or maybe having a cooking dictionary is the large red flag that you're new to the kitchen.

As far as eggs- well, there's a lot more to do. The more natural move is probably omelettes though. Any suggestions or tips?
I know vegetables are the basic ingredient, but what about a good cheese to add in? Also, do you think my scrambled egg plating skills need a tad bit of work. No need to answer that...I know the answer.

*** I just found this egg recipe on CCC and am going to try it ASAP this weekend!! http://www.clickclickculinary.com/2011/01/souffle-omelette.html

1 comment:

  1. Don't freeze fresh veggies yourself. Fresh veggies hold too much water, and they don't unfreeze well. However, if you've already cooked them, you can freeze them for dinners or lunches the next day.

    Besides, frozen veggies may get a bad rap, but they are just as nutritious as fresh because they are flash frozen at there peak ripeness. Its a fact. Besides, I'm in school for nutrition, I know these things ;)

    ReplyDelete