Sunday, January 9, 2011

Egg Exploratory


For the last couple days I've been experimenting with eggs. Egg-citing I know! I've mostly been making scrambled or hard boiled. I'm still getting the timing down for the hard boiled egg and they sometimes come out more soft then I want. It seems there's no real way to know when the egg is done until you try cracking the shell. I squish about 3 semi-cooked eggs before getting to 1 good hard one. I think it's about 4-5 minutes on each side.

For brunch today I had 2 whole wheat eggos, a granny smith apple with crunchy peanut butter and of course an egg made a cameo. I'm not sure if I was aiming for a sunny side up egg or a fried egg. Maybe there's no difference. Clearly I need to research this before trying again. Any way, I let the crack egg sit in a medium temp pan for about 3 minutes before flipping it over carefully. I turned it over a minute later and the 'sunny' part of the egg had closed up nicely, keeping the soft yolk in. I flipped a couple more times before taking the heat off.

I hope to get venture to flipping omelets soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment